No announcement yet.

DSJ is going to be the new Curry right?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSJ is going to be the new Curry right?

http://deadspin.com/dennis-smith-jr-...vel-1796924407
    My EntireTeam Sucks...

haha well the big difference is that I don't think the Knicks would have drafted Smith even without Phil...while everyone in the world knew they wanted Curry, they just never got the shot.

Now if Monk becomes the next Curry, then that's a bigger kick in the balls because I believe 100% they would have gone that route if its wasn't for Phil / Clarence....and I think most of us here wanted Monk too.

On the flip side, it could actually be worse....we could be the Bulls. Trade our best player who still has time left on his deal to move up in the draft, skip Frank, Smith, AND Monk to pick Markkanen....ouch.

Comment

So yeah we're gonna regret this...LOL
      My EntireTeam Sucks...

Comment

Yip.. Hat and I enjoyed the debate pre draft... I think for a little while I was bouncing back and forth between monk and dsj.. Before ultimately wanting monk.. But I wouldn't have freaked out if they took dsj either.. I think it is a given dsj is gonna come out the shoot looking like the better player.. And we will debate this the whole year.. I think dsj would have lit up the garden.. But his poor d added to this squad and the bigger fear.. Long term health.. Are what caused me to take a step back.. But let's see how "Le Phantasma" Looks like as I try to remind myself.. Marathon... Not a sprint... But I know I'm gonna fail at this too.. Lol
        ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Citifield & Mets...the place where Sluggers Careers go to DIE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTLzr2Al_Os

Comment

Well as I said in the other thread, based off of game one Philly, Sac, LA, etc are all going to regret it. None of the other guys looked particularly studly running the point. Monk was pretty horrific in his first game. Fultz got taken out to the shed by Wall. Fox looked pretty good, but he was also -7 for the game which was 2nd worse on the team.

I think the D stuff is still warranted as well...Schroder put up 28, 7 assists, only 2 turnovers on 50% shooting. Smith played a mile off him and still got taken to the hole all night. The few times he tried to body up to him a simple pick had Smtih falling back giving up 5-10 feet of space. The 2 highlights of him fighting thru screens have Smith committing AND-1 fouls.

Comment

LOOOONNNGGG WAY to go to make a final eval. but sure is gonna be interesting to watch (or painful as a Knick fan) from here on out.. the other guy not mentioned in all the preseason hype..Donovan Mitchell..he also looked impressive in preseason..and could be talked about as a "missed the boat" on type..

Meanwhile... I hope this is a case of spoon feeding the kid..

http://nypost.com/2017/10/18/what-to...his-nba-debut/

.... Jeff Hornacek cautioned about the rookie’s playing time in the season opener Thursday in Oklahoma City.

“We have some guys at the point guard spot so hopefully we can get him in there some minutes,” Hornacek said. “We have a lot of guys that we have to make some decisions, that, hey, you might not get in. But with Frank, we’ll try to get some minutes for him.’’
            I get it if he is getting acclimated..but hope thats all it is...I don't want to hear $hit about getting the "other" pg's thier minutes in the near future..
            Last edited by 86mets; 10-19-2017, 02:29 PM.
            ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Citifield & Mets...the place where Sluggers Careers go to DIE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTLzr2Al_Os

Comment

I had to bump this thread again just because I caught the start of the game and proceeded to watch DSJ slam down an alley oop and then the next series knock down a jumper in the first 2 mintues or so lol

Yes Frank isn't going to have this showboat type player game which is exciting and gets fans going. If he can turn himself into a shut down defender who facilitates the ball then that's enough IMO. Maybe if we get Bamba in the draft we maybe could not be the worst defense in the league for the next 10 years ha

It's just so frustrating the way his career has started. It just feels like they are hiding something. Didn't he come over from France with a knee issue and here we are still dealing with a knee. They keep downplaying it with their words but there actions show there might be something more wrong with the knee than some simple bruise.
              My EntireTeam Sucks...

Comment

Well as we march thru the 3rd month of the season -

Smith has been meh. Yeah he's averaging 14 ppg, but his usage rates (30%) are insanely high for a rookie, that's Steph Curry levels, and he's shooting just 40%, 32% from 3, and a turnover machine. The guy is being given every opportunity to put up 20 a night and isn't living up to it. Donovan Mitchell he's not. He's also as terrible as advertised on D.

Malik Monk - has largely been a disaster. He's played 20 mins in a game once since Dec 1st. Shooting under 35%. He has been a better defender than he was in college, but bust central for another guy who was handed a starting job.

D'Aron Fox - Mins have climbed now that he has a starting spot, but he's been dreadful from 3P range and mediocre shooting in general. His turnovers/passing have been horrifically bad. He's actually got the lowest value

Meanwhile Frank has been up and down. I'm not going to claim he's been better than Smith (they have the same VORP), but it's a much more incomplete score as he hasn't been given the minutes or the starting spot the other guys have.

Obviously given 20/20 hindsight Donovan Mitchell was the guy for the Knicks to get....but of the other guys...so far I'll still stick with Frank. They all have strengths and weakness, but I think more than the other 3 Frank will significantly improve with experience and he's the only 2 way guy of the group. It'll be interesting to see what we've got when he's given 30 mins a night and the starting job. In Dec we started to get a taste as he got 24 mins a game averaging 8 point, 4 assists, 3 boards, 1.5 steals, and 1.5 TO. For whatever reason his mins have been down here in Jan, but he's flashes this 10 points, 8 assists, 5 boards, 3 steals, and a block kind of stat line a couple of times now. I still see a lot of Mark Jackson in this kid. Not the same flash on the handle, but he's got a flair for assists and he can fill a stat line when he's got his confidence.

Comment

Working...
                X