No announcement yet.

10 games in.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boy this season is going down the shitter fast..... lost 8 of last 10 and the defense has gone from bad to horrific. 67 points at the half to the Magic? Yikes....

Comment

Yeah...meant to post about the putrid smell coming out of MSG..here we go again..free falling/dropping like a rock..If only a Veteran on team would say/do something to help..you know LEAD team out of funk...instead I read/hear Melo say he doesnt know why team cant play consistant D.. as if he is having an outer body experience and can't see he doesn't put in a concerted effort all the time on that end of the floor..pfttt..

Only saving grace.. its still early..and practically the entire Eastern conference is muddling around .500..

only a 6 game difference between 3rd place and 12 place..but makes it all the much more difficult to hurdle teams when few get in front..
      Last edited by 86mets; 01-04-2017, 02:49 PM.
      ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Citifield & Mets...the place where Sluggers Careers go to DIE"

Comment

It doesn’t seem as if any move is imminent at this point, but some members of the Knicks' front office have labeled Phoenix Suns forward P.J. Tucker as a potential trade target, league sources told ESPN.com.

Meh..he could be a useful piece if used correctly providing perimeter D..and versatile..but this is the KNICKS we aare talking about.. I offer that scrub Lance Thomas..lol
        ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Comment

And stick a fork in them. Rose just decides not to show up.....

Now this whole season just becomes about - Can you somehow, some way, get Melo off this club...... we know we're stuck with Noah and his insane deal, but with the tv money rolling it and the caps increasing it shouldn't matter if he's the only dead weight left.

You've got a draft pick. You've got KP. Hernangomez, Kuz, Baker has played well. Get Chassen Randle up here and lets see what he can do. Sasha plays no role on a rebuilding team.

Comment

LOL..NUKE THIS $HITTY TEAM ALREADY PLEASE...!! I will take watching a Nets like team for little while..play players who try hard and willing to learn..enough is enough..

Supposed "Leader" continually getting tossed out of games..can't take it anymore..To expedite deal..I would make Melo come off Bench..see if it ticks him off enough to drop his NT clause..

Jennings and Rose ..Buh Bye..try and dump at deadline if possible..throw in O'Quinn since he is cheap..maybe somebody bites..also Lee..IF somebody agrees to take other garbage with him..but doubtful..

As far as Chassan Randle goes.. sadly.. TOO LATE..he was just picked up by Sixers..after going on a scoring tear recently in D league..

http://dailyknicks.com/2017/01/09/ne...dlephia-76ers/

Comment

WooHoo... now they choke away a game (up 10 with 2:30) to the worst team in NBA ..Love it !

Comment

Yeah seriously....at least they have a draft pick if they are going to tank. Like I said, let me know when Rose and Melo are off the team. Then I'll watch these guys again.

Comment

I've been a Melo defender since Day 1, and even I've given up on him. Rose doesn't have the smarts to know how he should play at this point in his career, and Melo is just so lazy out there nowadays, I can't defend it. Noah was obviously the worst deal of the off-season, and KP looks lost recently. Go tank and get that Ball kid and let's try this again in a few years.

Comment

LOL....gave up on him in Fantasy..now have in real life too..

Dumbest decison of all on Phil's resume that will haunt this franchise..was the NTC given to Melo.. Only frnachise I could see Melo agreeing to go to would be Clippers..but getting the right matchup back in salaries is tricky..even if they decide to give up on Blake..I dont see how/why they would give him up for Melo either..so riding out his contract will be painful...Like I said..put him on bench as 6th man..see if he gets ticked off enough to ask out..

Comment

how much of that last second loss to Phila is on Melo?
                      Motivated Enough To Suck

Comment

Phil is driving me nuts....

His big moves:

Re-signing Melo - Bust
                        Rose - Bust
                        Noah - insane contract Bust
                        Trading for Calderon - Bust

But then his other moves:

Drafting KP - ballz of steel and a huge win
                        Hernangomez - win
                        Kuz - win
                        O'Quinn - decent pickup
                        Baker - win

Jennings / Lee have been meh.

I just find it really interesting that he's kind of struck gold with the young players and struck out horribly with the vets....which is almost the exact opposite of what you'd expect. Is it just that he can get young players to buy into his thoughts while these overpaid vets don't care? or is it that he's got great scouts to make these other moves and he's a butcher on the pro side?

I didn't expect him or Melo to come out and say "get off my team" ...but the rumors sound like its just a bunch of fluff like normal. Phil challenging Melo to be a better player and Melo brushing it off thinking he already is. This team needs to purge him asap. If they could ditch Rose too that would be awesome, but he's gone at the end of the year anyways so I don't see it as pressing.

Comment

Originally posted by MrHat View Post
                          Phil is driving me nuts....

His big moves:

Re-signing Melo - Bust
                          Rose - Bust
                          Noah - insane contract Bust
                          Trading for Calderon - Bust

But then his other moves:

Drafting KP - ballz of steel and a huge win
                          Hernangomez - win
                          Kuz - win
                          O'Quinn - decent pickup
                          Baker - win

Jennings / Lee have been meh.

I just find it really interesting that he's kind of struck gold with the young players and struck out horribly with the vets....which is almost the exact opposite of what you'd expect. Is it just that he can get young players to buy into his thoughts while these overpaid vets don't care? or is it that he's got great scouts to make these other moves and he's a butcher on the pro side?

I didn't expect him or Melo to come out and say "get off my team" ...but the rumors sound like its just a bunch of fluff like normal. Phil challenging Melo to be a better player and Melo brushing it off thinking he already is. This team needs to purge him asap. If they could ditch Rose too that would be awesome, but he's gone at the end of the year anyways so I don't see it as pressing.
                          Thinking its this.. his ginormous Ego is an issue too..thinks all STUD Players should feel blessed to play for his ring studded hand..and his archaic system.

Rose is frustrating as hell..never totally liked his game when on Bulls..weak shooter..but then thought he could do well here penetrating and dishing to TWO STARS already on team in Kp/Melo...but he is a me first player..and although he drives effectively..cant believe on this team..when Melo and Kp on court..he doesnt average 10 assists in his sleep..and of course there is his non defense..makes him and Melo an unbearable combo..

Lee for all his Bitching..hardly ever fills the stat sheet..is that he defers way too much?? Thomas is a POS..cant believe Horny still chooses to start him at times..a PURGE is a MUST..and a shrewd move with Melo..could make eventual turnaround a quicker one..but alas..doesnt seem like this will occur..so it will be another offseason of Big stars being courted..and CHOOSING to go elsewhere b/c of all the dreck..and then Phil having to overpay for a medicroe talent.. needs to Hit BIG in draft is only salvation I see..so TANK..TANK..TANK..

Comment

Yeah lets face it, outside of Miami this FA superteam stuff hasn't worked..... And the only reason it worked in Miami was because of Wade and his ability to lure LeBron. We'll see what happens with the Warriors but that team was already a championship level team due to drafting Curry, Thompson, etc.

If you get that next piece in the draft (ideally we'd be talking about a guard of some kind) you now have KP, another star, and a really good set of role players - Holiday, Kuz, Baker, Hernangomez, O'Quinn.....now you add a "star" FA that compliments that group and you've got a team that's worth talking about. It *could* turn around quickly..... BUT 2 key things need to happen. Melo needs to be moved...and Phil needs to get lucky/do his HW in the draft.

The sad thing is, Melo *could* be a apart of this quick rebuild if they hadn't given Noah that insane deal AND if he was more willing to take a back seat. I'd love to see Melo come off the bench and play 20-25 minutes a night. But that's never going to happen.

Comment

The cap is continuing to sky rocket upwards..so in "theory".. Knicks can carry Melo AND an overpayed deadweight player in Noah and Still add quality player(s) via FA.. but again..Melo hasnt been able to recruit ANYBODY to come play at the garden with him..the last interesting one to watch (since supposedly buds) is CP3..curious to see if he is willing to come join him in the bright lights of NYC.. won't totally dismiss possibility..but he is becoming so brittle ..how often would they play together..?

Comment

Rubio??

http://www.inquisitr.com/3909977/nba...s-ricky-rubio/

IF the firesale begins in roughly a month.. sounds like this could potentially happen..If they could get Rubio and get rid of Noah in process..it would be like mana from the gods.. follow that up with moving Rose to say a team like Sixers..who have many picks..and be a scoring Pg they could use..the rebuild could be fast and swift ! And thats not factoring in the Blue and Orange elephant in room who perhaps would finally agree to be moved in Melo.. And even if Melo satys..Rubio the facilitating Pg..who plays better D..could be the right Pg for this team going forward.. while giving the full minutes to Q/Herman.

Comment

Working...
                                X