- Fans on Wednesday, August 7 will enjoy the second giveaway of the season: a Saratoga baseball cap, presented by Saratoga Casino Hotel. Free with admission, while supplies last.
- Beginning Wednesday, August 7, horseplayers will enjoy a new option on the betting menu: the all-new Empire 6, a jackpot-style multi-race wager replacing the traditional Pick 6.
- The New York Racing Association, Inc. (NYRA) will honor police officers, firefighters, EMTs and paramedics during First Responders Day on Wednesday, August 7. The day will feature free grandstand admission for all first responders with proper identification and a special appearance by the FDNY Emerald Society Pipes and Drums.
- NYRA will celebrate Fabulous Fillies Day on Thursday, August 8 to raise funds and awareness for breast cancer research and to honor survivors. The day will also include a meet and greet with world-class figure skating champion and two-time Olympic medalist Nancy Kerrigan and other legendary female athletes.
- The week’s racing calendar will be headlined by the 35th running of the Grade 1, $500,000 Fourstardave on Saturday, August 10.
- Sunday, August 11 will welcome fans to experience the all-new The Rail at the 1863 Club for only $75 during the lively Brunch and Bubblesevent.
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 7
- Evan Shipman and Mahony:The day’s card will feature the $100,000 Evan Shipman for New York-breds and the inaugural running of the $100,000 Mahony, a turf sprint for 3-year-olds named in honor of Patrick Mahony, the longtime senior vice president of mutuels at NYRA. Mahony, who spent more than 50 years in the racing industry, retired in 2016.
- First Responders Day:NYRA will honor police officers, firefighters, EMTs and paramedics during First Responders Day at Saratoga Race Course which will feature free grandstand admission for all first responders with proper identification. NYRA will welcome local police officers, firefighters, EMTs and paramedics to the winner’s circle for the day’s third race, named in honor of first responders. The afternoon will include a special appearance by the FDNY Emerald Society Pipes and Drums, which is comprised entirely of active and retired New York City firefighters. Since September 11, 2001, the band has played at all 543 funerals and memorials for New York City firefighters who gave their lives both during and in the years following the World Trade Center attack. The FDNY Emerald Society Pipes and Drums will perform on the track apron following the sixth race at approximately 3:30 p.m. Numerous local police, fire and emergency service departments will host activities and demonstrations at the Coca-Cola Saratoga Pavilion throughout the afternoon.
- Saratoga Baseball Cap Giveaway:Fans can take home the second giveaway of the 2019 meet: a Saratoga baseball cap, presented by Saratoga Casino Hotel. The cap features the Saratoga logo against the backdrop of a red, black and gray camouflage print and is free with admission, while supplies last.
- Empire 6: Wednesday marks the launch of the Empire 6, a jackpot-style multi-race wager replacing the traditional Pick 6.The Empire 6, featuring a $0.20 bet minimum and 20 percent takeout, will be available through the remainder of the 2019 meet at Saratoga Race Course. The wager requires the bettor to select the first-place finisher of the final six races of the card. If one unique ticket exists, then 100% of the net pool, plus the jackpot carryover if applicable, will be paid to the winner. If there is no unique wager selecting the first-place finisher in all six races, then 75% of the day’s net pool will be distributed to those who selected the first-place finisher in the greatest number of races. The remainder will be added into the jackpot and carried to the next day’s Empire 6.The Empire 6 will offer mandatory payout days on Sunday, August 18 and Monday, September 2, closing day at the Spa. The New York State Gaming Commission (NYSGC) rule governing the Empire 6 becomes effective on Wednesday, August 7. NYRA’s request to offer the Empire 6 is pending formal NYSGC approval.
- NYRA Bets: NYRA Bets continues its $1 Million Single-Ticket Bonus for any NYRA Bets customer that hits the Late Pick 5 at Saratoga.Saratoga’s Late Pick 5 is open to all horseplayers across North America, but the $1 million bonus is only eligible to NYRA Bets customers placing their bets through their NYRA Bets account. The Late Pick 5, featuring a low 15 percent takeout rate and 50 cent minimum, will be offered on every card at Saratoga Race Course. For additional information on the NYRA Late Pick 5 and eligibility details for the $1 million single-ticket bonus visit NYRABets.com. New NYRA Bets customers can earn a $200 bonus when they sign up with promo code SPA and bet $200 in the first 14 days.
THURSDAY, AUGUST 8
- Saratoga Dew:The day’s feature is the $100,000 Saratoga Dew for New York-bred fillies and mares going nine furlongs.
- Fabulous Fillies Day: Saratoga Race Course will celebrate women and their contributions to the thoroughbred industry while raising funds to support The Breast Cancer Research Foundation during the Sizzling Hot Pink Saratoga Hat Luncheon, presented by vineyard vines. The luncheon will honor Barbara Jo Rubin, who 50 years ago became the first female jockey to win a race against men at a nationally recognized racetrack in the United States. She subsequently became the first female to win a race in New York at Aqueduct Race Track. Saratoga will also honor local breast cancer survivors in partnership with To Life! In addition, this year’s event will feature an autograph session with two-time Olympic medalist Nancy Kerrigan as well as some of the world’s best professional female athletes who will be participating in the Aurora Games, the inaugural all-women’s sports and entertainment festival at the Times Union Center in Albany, NY, on August 20-25. The day will also feature the return of the Best in Pink fashion contest for women and men, presented by vineyard vines.For more information about the Sizzling Hot Pink Saratoga Hat Luncheon, visit https://www.playforpink.org/
- Taste NY: Wine & Spirits: Fans will have the opportunity to sample varietals of wine and spirits from New York State wineries and distilleries during this weekly event. Live music will accompany the tasting each Thursday from noon to 5 p.m. in the Coca-Cola Saratoga Pavilion. Guests will enjoy five samples for $5. Must be 21 years or older to participate.
- Low Roller Challenge Handicapping Contest: Every Thursday will include the Low Roller Challenge Handicapping Contest, which allows aspiring handicappers the opportunity to experience the thrill of tournament play for $40, with $30 going towards live bankroll and $10 to the prize pool. Registration begins at 11 a.m. near the Fourstardave Sports Bar with early entrants receiving a special NYRA Bets promotional item.
- At the Post Live with Andy Serling: Join NYRA’s Andy Serling as he talks with NYRA track announcer Larry Collmus, trainer Tom Amoss and bloodstock agent Liz Crow during At The Post Live with Andy Serling from The Parting Glass in downtown Saratoga Springs at 8 p.m. The show, which is presented by NYRA Bets, airs on ESPN Radio 104.5 FM “The Team” and features interviews with racing industry newsmakers discussing the Saratoga meet. At the Post Live can also be accessed via the Across the Board with Andy Serling podcast.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 9
- Tale of the Cat: The day’s feature race is the $100,000 Tale of the Cat for 3-year-olds and up at six furlongs.
- Saratoga Challenge Handicapping Contest, presented by Encore Boston Harbor: One of two live money challenges scheduled for the weekend, the Saratoga Challenge will award cash prizes, as well as an entry to the 2020 Belmont Stakes Challenge and three entries to the 2020 National Horseplayers Championship. The challenge will consist of wagering exclusively on Saratoga races through the following pools only: Win, Place, Show, Exacta, Trifecta, Quinella and Daily Double. Friday is a $1,000 minimum buy-in. The challenge can be played both in-person and online through NYRA Bets. Registration closes on Wednesday, August 7 at 5 p.m. For more information, visit NYRA.com/Challenge.
- Taste NY: Craft Beer & Cider: The Friday edition of the popular weekly tasting event will offer guests the opportunity to sample craft beers and ciders produced exclusively in New York State. Live music will accompany the tasting each Friday from noon to 5 p.m. in the Coca-Cola Saratoga Pavilion. Guests will enjoy five samples for $5. Must be 21 years or older to participate.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 10
- Fourstardave and Saratoga Special: The headlining Grade 1, $500,000 Fourstardave for 3-year-olds and up on the turf will be accompanied by the Grade 2, $200,000 Saratoga Special, presented by Miller Lite, for 2-year-olds. The Fourstardave will be broadcast live on NBCSN beginning at 5 p.m. Saratoga Live will air from 2:30 to 5 p.m. and from 6 to 7:30 p.m. on FS2. The second half of the broadcast will feature the Grade 1, $500,000 Secretariat and the Grade 1, $1 million Arlington Million from Arlington Park.
- Fourstardave Challenge Handicapping Contest, presented by Encore Boston Harbor: The second of two live money challenges will award cash prizes, as well as an entry to the 2020 Belmont Stakes Challenge and five entries to the 2020 National Horseplayers Championship. The challenge will consist of wagering exclusively on Saratoga races through the following pools only: Win, Place, Show, Exacta, Trifecta, Quinella and Daily Double. Saturday is a $2,000 minimum buy-in. The challenge can be played both in-person and online through NYRA Bets. Registration closes on Thursday, August 8 at 5 p.m. For more information, visit NYRA.com/Challenge.
- Fashion Saturdays: Designed to showcase the tradition of style in thoroughbred racing, the weekly event will feature women’s and men’s fashion apparel from local retailers, as well as a selection of home décor and jewelry items. The event will be held each Saturday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the Coca-Cola Saratoga Pavilion.
SUNDAY, AUGUST 11
- Galway: The fifth week of racing at the Spa will conclude with the inaugural running of the $100,000 Galway for 3-year-old fillies on the turf.
- Bubbles and Brunch at The Rail at the 1863 Club: Fans are invited to enjoy brunch, mimosas, Bloody Mary’s and live acoustic music while experiencing The Rail at the 1863 Club, the first-floor banquet space at the all-new 1863 Club. Tickets are $75 per person. Must be 21 years or older to consume alcoholic beverages. Reservations are available exclusively by calling the NYRA Box Office at 844-NYRA-TIX.
- Berkshire Bank Family Adventure Sundays: The popular kid-oriented weekly event will feature a wide variety of free family-friendly activities, games, attractions and educational activities each Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the Coca-Cola Saratoga Pavilion. The theme for this week’s event is “Sci-Fi Day”, featuring a vortex gravity inflatable, dream lab robot and virtual reality space pods, amongst other science-themed activities.
- Low Roller Challenge Handicapping Contest: Every Sunday will include the Low Roller Challenge Handicapping Contest, which allows aspiring handicappers the opportunity to experience the thrill of tournament play for $40, with $30 going towards live bankroll and $10 to the prize pool. Registration begins at 11 a.m. near the Fourstardave Sports Bar with early entrants receiving a special NYRA Bets promotional item.