The New York Red Bulls and Major League Soccer announced today the club’s 2018 MLS Schedule. The Red Bulls will be on national television 14 times in 2018. The home schedule includes a rematch of the 2017 U.S. Open Cup Final against Sporting Kansas City and the renewal of the New York Derby on May 5.
After facing Club Deportivo Olimpia in a home-and-home series in the Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League, the Red Bulls open the regular season at home against former New York/New Jersey MetroStar Giovanni Savarese and the Portland Timbers on Saturday, March 10 at 7:00 p.m., with coverage on MSG Networks and Red Bulls Radio.
The full New York Red Bulls 2018 schedule is available by visiting www.newyorkredbulls.com/
schedule. Tickets for every home match will go on-sale on Thursday, February 1, at 10 a.m.
2018 Red Memberships and Flex Memberships are available now. For more information or to purchase, visit http://www.
newyorkredbulls.com/tickets or call 1.877.727.6223.
MSG Networks will be the regional home for the club, as it has since 1996. Additional broadcast details on MSG’s coverage will be announced at a later date.
Red Bulls Radio will also return in 2018 to broadcast matches in English and Spanish.
New York’s home opener against Portland will be the fourth time the club opens the regular season at Red Bull Arena and the ninth season of soccer at RBA overall. The Red Bulls are 2-1-0 all-time when opening the season at Red Bull Arena.
The New York Derby will resume on Saturday, May 5 with a 2:00 p.m. match at Red Bull Arena. The Red Bulls will also face New York City FC on Sunday, July 8, and Wednesday August 22, both of which will be played at Yankee Stadium. The third match on August 22 will be part of MLS Heineken Rivalry Week.
The Red Bulls will make their first trip to Audi Field in D.C. to take on rival D.C. United on July 25. Audi Field, the new home of New York’s Atlantic Cup Rivals, is set to open on July 14.
Similar to previous years with major international tournaments, MLS will break for the FIFA World Cup group stage, which will take place between June 14 and June 28. The Red Bulls will play just one match during that time, a home match against FC Dallas on Saturday, June 23.
The Red Bulls close out the season on Sunday, October 28, against Orlando City at Red Bull Arena on MLS Decision Day, presented by AT&T. The 2018 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs will begin on Wednesday, October 31, 2018.
- 16 of New York’s 17 home regular season matches take place on Saturday or Sunday, with one Wednesday night match at Red Bull Arena.
- New York will begin and end the regular season at Red Bull Arena.
- Three of the Red Bulls first four matches will be against Western Conference opponents.
- The Red Bulls will face D.C. United and New York City FC three times each during the 2018 season.
- New York’s longest home stand is three straight matches, from April 7 to April 21, hosting Houston, Montreal and Chicago. New York went 3-0-0 on a similar stretch last April against D.C. United, Columbus and Chicago.
- As it stands, RBNY’s longest road trip is three games from August 11 through August 22, going from Chicago to Vancouver and wrapping up at NYCFC. This may change based on additional matches in competitions outside of MLS, such as further matches in the Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League or US Open Cup.
- With the addition of MLS expansion team Los Angeles FC, New York will play 22 games against Eastern Conference opponents and will face each Western Conference opponent once. New York is on the road for five of those Western Conference games.
- New York will play its first match against LAFC on Saturday, August 5 at Red Bull Arena.
- New York is at home for three of the final five matches of the regular season.
DATE OPPONENT Location Time TV Info
Sat., Mar 10 Portland Red Bull Arena 7:00 PM MSG Networks
Sat., Mar 17 at Real Salt Lake Sandy, Utah 9:00 PM MSG Networks
Sat., Mar 24 Minnesota Red Bull Arena 7:00 PM MSG Networks
Sat., Mar 31 at Orlando City SC Orlando, Fla. 1:00 PM Unimas
Sat., Apr 7 Houston Red Bull Arena 3:00 PM Univision
Sat., Apr 14 Montreal Red Bull Arena 1:00 PM MSG Networks/TVA
Sat., Apr 21 Chicago Red Bull Arena 2:00 PM Univision
Sat., Apr 28 at LA Galaxy Carson, Calif. 10:30 PM MSG Networks
Sat., May 5 New York City FC Red Bull Arena 2:00 PM ESPN
Sat., May 12 at Colorado Commerce City, Colo. 9:00 PM MSG Networks
Sun., May 20 at Atlanta United Atlanta, Ga. 7:00 PM FS1
Sat., May 26 Philadelphia Red Bull Arena 7:00 PM MSG Networks
Sat., Jun 2 at New England Foxboro, Mass. 7:30 PM MSG Networks
Sat., Jun 9 at Columbus Crew SC Columbus, Ohio 5:00 PM ESPN
Wed., Jun 13 Seattle Red Bull Arena 8:00 PM MSG Networks
Sat., Jun 23 FC Dallas Red Bull Arena 6:00 PM Unimas
Sun., Jul 1 at Toronto FC Toronto, Canada 4:30 PM FOX/TSN
Sun., Jul 8 at New York City FC New York, N.Y. 7:00 PM FS1
Sat., Jul 14 Sporting Kansas City Red Bull Arena 7:00 PM MSG Networks
Sat., Jul 21 New England Red Bull Arena 7:00 PM MSG Networks
Wed., Jul 25 at DC United Washington, D.C 7:30 PM MSG Networks
Sat., Jul 28 Columbus Crew SC Red Bull Arena 7:00 PM MSG Networks
Sun., Aug 5 LAFC Red Bull Arena 6:00 PM FS1
Sat., Aug 11 at Chicago Chicago, Ill. 8:30 PM MSG Networks
Sat., Aug 18 at Vancouver Vancouver, B.C. 7:00 PM MSG Networks/TSN
Wed., Aug 22 at New York City FC New York, N.Y. 7:00 PM FS1
Sun., Aug 26 DC United Red Bull Arena 7:00 PM FS1
Sat., Sep 1 at Montreal Montreal, Quebec 7:30 PM MSG Networks/TVA
Sun., Sep 16 at DC United Washington, D.C 1:00 PM ESPN
Sat., Sep 22 Toronto FC Red Bull Arena 5:00 PM MSG Networks/TSN
Sun., Sep 30 Atlanta United Red Bull Arena 1:00 PM ESPN
Sat., Oct 6 at San Jose San Jose, Calif. 10:30 PM MSG Networks
Sun., Oct 21 at Philadelphia Philadelphia, Pa TBA MSG Networks
Sun., Oct 28 Orlando City SC Red Bull Arena 4:30 PM MSG Networks