The New York Empire presented by Citi unveiled a diverse and powerful lineup for its first ever “Salute To Strong Women” pre-match event set for Thursday night, August 11, at the venerable Forest Hills Stadium at The West Side Tennis Club, the home of the US Open for over 60 years. The event will precede the 7:00pm matchup between the NY Empire and the Orange County Breakers.
The pre-match event will run from 6:00 – 6:30 pm and will include a host of speakers, including:
· Billie Jean King, Mylan WTT Co-Founder and Hall of Famer
· Ilana Kloss, Mylan WTT CEO and Commissioner
· Melinda Katz, Queens Borough President
· Jennifer Johnson, Co-President, Franklin Templeton Investments
· Kym Hampton, Former NY Liberty star who will also sing the national anthem
· Sarah Hughes, US Olympic gold medalist in figure skating
· Erinn Smart, US Olympic silver medalist in fencing and Barnard College alum
· Meredith Maskara, Vice President of Product and Retail Sales for the Girl Scouts of Greater NY
· Aleia Naylor, Vice President of Marketing and Communications for the Women’s Sports Foundation
“I could not be more excited by the group of women who have agreed to be part of the NY Empire’s first Salute to Strong Women,” said Colleen Hopkins, General Manager of the NY Empire. “For the girls and women in attendance, as well as the boys and men that support them, this will be an inspiring evening that will provide them with the strength to accomplish their goals and dreams.”
Information about the NY Empire’s full roster of players and match day details can be found at www.NYEmpireTennis.com. You can also follow the team on Twitter (@nyempiretennis) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/NYEmpireTennis). To become a sponsor or purchase individual tickets, please email email@example.com, visit www.nyempiretennis.com or call the New York Empire office at (844) 5-EMPIRE (844-536-7473).