Source: D’Arnaud Out To At Least The All-Star Break

Travis d’Arnaud the injury plagued catcher of the New York Mets who has been on the disabled list with a right rotator cuff strain is not expected back anytime soon. That came from a Mets source late Wednesday afternoon prior to game two of a three game series with the Mets and Washington Nationals at Citi Field.

Tuesday afternoon, Mets GM Sandy Alderson said that d’Arnaud was out in California and working with a personal trainer. But, the often injured catcher who was disabled twice last season has no time table for a return because he reportedly is experiencing more discomfort when he throws.

When asked to elaborate more regarding when d’Arnaud would be clear to resume baseball activities, the source said, “Not anytime soon and I would not expect Travis back in the lineup before or after the All-Star break.”

D’Arnaud started 13 games for the Mets this season before his latest stint put him on the disabled list. In 41 at bats, he was hitting .195 with eight hits and a run batted in. Last season, d’Arnaud missed close to 100 games. A pitch from Miami Marlins reliever A. J. Ramos hit him on the hand placing him on the shelf the first time in the 13th game of the season.

Eight games after returning, d’Arnaud missed more time injuring his elbow attempting to tag Atlanta Braves catcher A.J. Pierzynski.

Comment Rich Mancuso: [email protected] [email protected] Facebook.com/Rich Mancuso

About the Author

Rich Mancuso

Rich Mancuso is a regular contributor at NY Sports Day, covering countless New York Mets, Yankees, and MLB teams along with some of the greatest boxing matches over the years. He is an award winning sports journalist and previously worked for The Associated Press, New York Daily News, Gannett, and BoxingInsider.com, in a career that spans almost 40 years.

Get connected with us on Social Media